August 22, 2011

Palmiers


I love it when something you think is so complicated to make turns out to be super easy.    You can impress your family and friends and they won't be none the wiser!

These palmiers (aka "elephant ears") are the perfect example.  It just takes two ingredients, puff pastry and sugar, to become crispy, buttery and deliciously caramelized cookies.   Granted, you can definitely go high-end by making the puff pastry from scratch but the point is to make your life easy! 


 

I followed the instructions for Palmiers from marthastewart.com.  Instead of homemade puff pastry I used Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry sheets.


2 comments:

  1. I love a well baked palmier - yours certainly fit the bill. Lovely photos!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm - I have only used Ina Garten's recipe and coincidentally posted them on my blog today! Here's the link if you are interested. http://www.mistysmornings.com/2012/04/palmeritas-simple-easter-treat-menu.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...