May 14, 2011

Whipped Cream Cake


Rose Levy Beranbaum was on the Martha Stewart Show recently to promote her latest cookbook "Heavenly Cakes."   Rose is a true authority in baking and her first book "The Cake Bible" is one of my favorites. When it comes to cakes this lady is an expert!

She made this whipped cream cake on the show and when I first heard that there was no butter or oil in the recipe I was definitely skeptical.   Is that even possible?  Indeed it is! 

The batter comes together so quickly you wouldn't believe it.  No business of creaming butter and sugar and adding the dry ingredients alternately with the liquid.  This recipe is a dream and the cake is so moist and delicious.  It's definitely a keeper!

3 comments:

  1. I missed that episode - bummer. Will have to look it up online. Anyway, I reviewed that cake on my blog a while ago - it's so delicious.

    http://butteryum.blogspot.com/2010/01/whipped-cream-cake.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake looks and sounds absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! your cake looks amazing! i've been meaning to try the recipe.. I'm a huge fan of rose and have a very old and battered copy of her original 'Cake Bible'..

    I'm going to have to give it a shot maybe this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...