January 16, 2011

Dinosaur Birthday Cake and Cookies


Micah turned 1 this month and his parents hosted a brunch recently to celebrate this milestone.  My present to the birthday boy was the cake and cookie favors for the party.  Ev says Micah's favorite book at the moment is about a dinosaur.  She found the cutest Meri Meri dinosaur party supplies on diapers.com so I made sure the treats complimented this theme.


Overall I'm happy with how the cake and favors turned out.  I think both capture the party theme quite nicely without being too over the top.  My only complaint is that the royal icing on the blue and green cookies was not very cooperative.  I cringe when I see the little divets...so annoying!  I'm my worst critic and hopefully the guests didn't notice.  But I  do take comfort in the fact that even an expert like Sweetopia has experienced this issue.

 
Everyone at the party seemed to enjoy the cake.  It was four layers of high ratio yellow butter cake filled with two kinds of swiss meringue buttercream (lemon curd and raspberry) and then covered in vanilla buttercream.  This cake recipe is a new favorite of mine and produces a cake that is not only delicious but has a really fine crumb that slices beautifully.  

Looks like the guest of honor enjoyed it!  Happy Birthday Micah Bear!  Love, Auntie Truc.


7 comments:

  1. Wow both cookies & cake are amazing. You really went into detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penelope1/17/2011

    I LOVE THIS... I may be 21, but my next birthday might be dinosaur themed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU TRUC FOR MAKING SUCH AN AMAZING CAKE AND COOKIES! Micah loved the cake during his party and again on his actual birthday (we saved him a piece). He loves his Auntie Truc!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10/18/2017

    Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Extremely helpful information specially the last part I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and good luck. custom cakes orange county

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas cake in certain occasion is even added with coins as touch pieces for good luck. The coins may be 3d piece, silver, or six pences wrapped in grease proof paper packages.
    Piping Tips

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. Wedding Cakes Sydney

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...