December 21, 2010

Macaron Gifts and Deep Thoughts


I decided to go the minimalist route when I was packaging the macaron gifts.  This way they were the stars of the show, just as they should be.  Aren't they so pretty?  I love how they look like little jewels in a box.  The flavors I made were lemon, passion fruit, raspberry, pistachio and chocolate.

Some of you know that it was the mysterious macaron that inspired me to start this blog.  That was back in August of 2009.  Sixteen months and countless failures later, as well as a few triumphs, I would say my skill in macaron-making is a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10.  Maybe 7 1/2 if I'm feeling generous. 


Why not rate myself higher?  Because no matter how often I think I've "got it"  the macaron gods laugh, sending me right back to the drawing board.   I have two Achilles heels: thin shells and pesky air pockets inside the macaron.  Despite my efforts to course correct they always seem to plague my cookies.  I'm not sure if it's me, my technique or the ingredients.   If only I had a better understanding of the chemistry of it all.   My journey continues.  But then again, isn't the imperfect process what  keeps me coming back for more?  Food for thought...

8 comments:

  1. Hi there, I love to see your pretty macaroon.. that is a great gift for christmas I think :)
    anyway, would you like to tell me where did you find those clear box ? I live in St.Louis,US but never see the box .

    ReplyDelete
  2. where do you buy the boxes?
    mollyjmartin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boxes are from papermart.com

    http://www.papermart.com/Product%20Pages/Product.aspx?GroupID=16493&SubGroupID=16494&ParentGroupID=18998#16494

    Item 8301325

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful macarons! I also have those two problems occasionally...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I am French and I mooved to USA 7 months ago. Your Parisian Macaroons are really esthetic, bravo ! Would you like to tell me if it exits a bigger boxe for 10(same kind like this one for 5 macaroons)? And another (square form maybe)for 24 macaroons ? Sorry about that but it is really hard for me to exactly know the dimensions in inches...
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8/31/2013

      I checked - that is the biggest they have. They do have a 2 by 2 by 6 that would hold 6 instead of 5 but you will pay twice the price to get one more cookie in the box!

      Delete
  6. Absolutely delighted with my Macaron Gifts! The vibrant array of flavors and meticulous presentation exceeded my expectations. Each bite is a delightful journey of sweetness, and the attention to detail in packaging makes it a perfect gift for any occasion. The Macaron Gifts not only showcase exquisite taste but also reflect the care and craftsmanship put into every treat. A truly delightful experience that brings joy to both the eyes and taste buds. Highly recommended for those seeking a unique and delicious gift that never fails to impress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey treats-sf community, I stumbled upon an incredible tool that elevates visual content! If you're into mesmerizing images like the ones in this thread, you'll love the magic of upscaling. Check out this awesome upscaler at depositphotos.com. It effortlessly enhances image quality, making your visuals pop with clarity and detail. I noticed the passion for aesthetics in this thread, and thought this tool could take your content to the next level. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...