September 13, 2009

Onesie Cookie Favors for a Baby Shower


A work colleague recently commissioned iced sugar cookie favors for an upcoming baby shower she's hosting. She doesn't know if the baby is a boy or a girl so I suggested a white onesie with a little yellow duckie on the front. I'd seen the idea online using a lamb and cherries. I think the cookies turned out really cute. These are the extras I had, which have a different color ribbon than the ones used for the order. For those I used ivory satin ribbon with "le bébé" (French for baby) printed on it.

The cookie is a vanilla sugar cookie frosted with royal icing. Royal icing is made with powdered sugar, meringue powder and water mixed together really well. I used a thicker consistency to outline the cookie and a thinner frosting to "flood" (or fill) inside the lines. The funny thing about royal icing is you have to keep it covered in the mixing bowl with a damp paper towel otherwise it dries really quickly, but as soon as you put it on a cookie it takes at least 24 hours to dry completely.

I'm not much of an artist but I'm quite happy with how the little duckie turned out. I think royal icing is a much more forgiving medium to draw with than a pen or pencil.

6 comments:

  1. Hey girl, we need to start a biz for you. Let's start with Truc's treats on-line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim Lin10/02/2009

    those are soooo cute!!! great job, Truc!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/06/2010

    So cute! I've got to make these.
    -mom of apprentice falconer

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome post. Really very informative and creative contents. Thanks to sharing these concept is a good way to enhance the knowledge. I like this site very much. I like it and help me to development very well. Thank you for this brief explanation and very nice information. Well, got a good knowledge.
    Buy logo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learn new things from this useful article & now I would like to share this with my friends,
    want a logo that can help to grow your brand?
    Logo Designers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10/05/2021

    It is so nice and informative post, thank you for the share.

    law dissertation Writers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...